WAFL Equipment Library
The Winter Active for Life (WAFL) Equipment Lending Library makes it easy for rural and First Nation communities to borrow cross country ski and snowshoe equipment free of charge for the season. Instead of a library card, you simply need a Cross Country Yukon (CCY) affiliate or RPAY Community/Associate membership.
KICKSLEDS…Give them a try!
They are a fun way to enjoy winter and 6 have found a home in the Winter Active for Life (WAFL) Lending Library. RPAY members can borrow kicksleds for a community event or program. Complete the Kicksled Request Form or send a message to the WAFL Coordinator for more information. Watch this quick video to see how quick and easy it is to set up and take down the kicksleds. Send a Message
Follow these steps in this order to request the following equipment:
EQUIPMENT LOANS AVAILABLE FOR RURAL AND FIRST NATION COMMUNITIES ONLY.
Cross country ski equipment
- Introduction to the WAFL Equipment Lending Library
- Use this document to request equipment Classic Pole Size Chart and Ski and Boot Size Chart from the WAFL Lending Library.
- Send your request list to the WAFL Programmer.
- Become a CCY Community Affiliate (if you are borrowing ski equipment) and complete the School/Recreation Department Insurance Confirmation Form. (This process is administered by CCY and must be completed before equipment will be given out on loan. To complete this step, you need to (1) have a credit card or cheque for payment and (2) know who your insurance provider is and your insurance policy number.)
- Review the reporting requirements
Photo credit: Rick McCharles
Recreation and Parks
Association of the Yukon
Toll Free: 1-866-961-WALK (9255)
170 Titanium Way, Suite 201-C
Whitehorse Yukon, Y1A 0G1